I’ve been slacking. There’s no other excuse for my blogging absence. I usually “commit” myself to writing something in the evenings and then once six or seven rolls around, I just don’t feel like doing it. I think I’ve had SO much on my mind to update about that I just found the task overwhelming and put it off completely because I didn’t want to write a novel. With that being said, I’ll quickly update everyone on what has happened in the past month:
1. Car wreck. Dude ran a red-light and hit me. I had to be monitored afterwards which was so not fun. They kept me for about five hours. I had contractions, but they got them to stop – yay!
2. Publix fall. I haven’t told hardly anyone about this because it was embarrassing, but yes…I fell at Publix. Their ice cooler was leaking and they had a sign BEHIND the water, so prego/clumsy Ashley walked right into it and busted. I didn’t get any sleep that night because I was in so much pain and by the next day I was basically disabled. I had to be monitored yet again, although it didn’t take five hours this time, and the nurse cracked jokes about me being in there so much. She said they should put a fence up around me so I wouldn’t get hurt anymore – part of me agrees with that. I ended up being off work for a week and I’m feeling much better now.
3. This is related to number one – we bought a new car! We had planned on purchasing one before the wreck, but we weren’t planning on having to get one so soon. Unfortunately, nothing has been done about my Avalon to date – long story that makes me mad every time I think about it. We’ll probably end up having to file a lawsuit against this dang insurance company we’re dealing with! Anyways, we had to go ahead with purchasing the car without having the Avalon totaled out yet, but God blessed us with something that we loved that was in our price range! Here’s a picture:
4. My Birmingham friends threw me a baby tea and it was lovely. I was seriously overwhelmed by the love and generosity that was shown to us. Benji, Harper and I are blessed beyond measure.
5. The nursery…it’s done! I wait until the last minute to do everything and the nursery wasn’t excluded from that. This was a little out of my control though since we moved to another state and everything was in two different places. It’s been a major stressor for me for the past couple of months, and I’m glad to say it is finally finished!
Here are a couple of pictures:
6. I had my first weekly check-up today (ehhh…) and I am a whole centimeter dilated – go me! Haha I know that’s nothing, but I’m happy because it gave me some kind of proof that my body is getting there, ya know? Harper was also head down which made me happy. With this being my first baby, I’ve always had the “what ifs” on my mind, so it’s good to know that I can check that “what if” off my list. The next “what if” I’d like to have checked off my list is what if I go into labor and Benji isn’t here and can’t make it on time.
Okay…I think that’s it. Hopefully I’ll update again before I’m a mom.